has a collection of documents originating with The Rehabilitation
Meeting the Challenges of Aging with a Disabilityis a collection of informative documents and presentations from a 1993 conference on Aging, Post Polio, and Stroke. The Resource List focuses on wellness, self-care, exercise, and aging with a disability. It is specifically compiled for people with disabilities and their families and includes articles, audio cassettes, bibliographies, books, conference proceedings, newsletters, papers, registries, resources and videos.
The below full-text articles are available in the CODI Archives. They were reproduced with permission of Life, a publication of The National Spinal Cord Injury Association.
Helpful Products for Older Persons Series
More Valuable Aging Resources:
Association of Retired Persons (AARP) -- information
for older persons in the "Getting Answers" section of its website.
- Assisted Senior Living - Assisted Senior Living is based on state and federal data, not paid advertising, so it shows ALL OF THE SENIOR CARE OPTIONS
- Best of the Web - Aging
Homecare Resources -- home healthcare resources
for seniors and caregivers
Elders Care Network -- a comprehensive presentation
of information about Alzheimer's disease and related
dementias among ethnic minority elders in the United
Society of America (GSA) -- links to many aging-related
federal agencies, associations and academic centers.
- Health Care manufacturers connect with independent sales reps
- How to Choose a Medical Alert Company
Federation on Aging -- assisting the well-being
Federation of Little Brothers of the Poor - Friends
of the Elderly -- national, nonprofit organization
committed to relieving isolation and loneliness among
- My Senior Care - online community for senior housing, home care, health, Alzheimers
Council on the Aging -- current news and information
on elderly issues.
Family Caregiver's Association (NFCA)
- Paying for Senior Care
- Social Security Disability Benefits – Free Disability Case evaluation, Information and FAQs on SSDI and SSI how to apply, appeal and win Social Security Disability Benefits.
Age (message boards)
- UK Links directory - uk links directory listing uk websites covering aging.
Census Bureau (Department of Commerce) -- information
on people, business, and geography.
National Institute on Aging -- one of the National
Institutes on Health