has a collection of documents originating with The Rehabilitation
Meeting the Challenges of Aging with a Disabilityis a collection of informative documents and presentations from a 1993 conference on Aging, Post Polio, and Stroke. The Resource List focuses on wellness, self-care, exercise, and aging with a disability. It is specifically compiled for people with disabilities and their families and includes articles, audio cassettes, bibliographies, books, conference proceedings, newsletters, papers, registries, resources and videos.
The below full-text articles are available in the CODI Archives. They were reproduced with permission of Life, a publication of The National Spinal Cord Injury Association.
Helpful Products for Older Persons Series
More Valuable Aging Resources:
Association of Retired Persons (AARP) -- Information
for older persons in the "Getting Answers" section of its website.
- Assisted Living Directory -- Facilities information, senior care and caregiver support.
- Assisted Senior Living -- Assisted Senior Living is based on state and federal data, not paid advertising, so it shows ALL OF THE SENIOR CARE OPTIONS
- Best of the Web - Aging
- Bed Sore FAQ -- Offers information on the education, prevention and treatment of pressure sores.
- Cerebral Palsy Group: An online resource for anyone who has been affected by cerebral palsy, brain injuries or birth injuries.
- Drugwatch: Nursing home abuse -- It helps the growing elderly U.S. population that are residents of assisted living and nursing home facilities and who experience abuse at the hands of caretakers and caregivers.
- Elevating Seniors -- Informational website to help seniors maintain their health and mobility as they age.
Homecare Resources -- Home healthcare resources
for seniors and caregivers
Elders Care Network -- A comprehensive presentation
of information about Alzheimer's disease and related
dementias among ethnic minority elders in the United
Society of America (GSA) -- Links to many aging-related
federal agencies, associations and academic centers.
- Graying with Grace -- Product reviews on aids that increase independence for seniors and elderly with medical problems and mobility difficulties.
- How to Choose a Medical Alert Company
Federation on Aging -- Assisting the well-being
- My Senior Care -- Online community for senior housing, home care, health, Alzheimers
Council on the Aging -- Current news and information
on elderly issues.
Family Caregiver's Association (NFCA)
- Nursing Home Abuse Center -- Online resource educating the public on the risks of senior abuse.
- Nursing Home Abuse Guide -- Was created so families and loved ones could seek answers on elder abuse and neglect.
- Paying for Senior Care
- Social Security Disability Benefits –- Free Disability Case evaluation, Information and FAQs on SSDI and SSI how to apply, appeal and win Social Security Disability Benefits.
Age (message boards)
- UK Links directory -- UK links directory listing UK websites covering aging.
Census Bureau (Department of Commerce) -- Information
on people, business, and geography.
National Institute on Aging -- One of the National
Institutes on Health