If you can't find what you are looking for, please check under the specific disability pages (i.e. hearing, vision, mobility) or use the search function at the top of the page to search the hundreds of full-text articles in our archives!
From the CODI Archives:
Tech Act (TRAID) of 1988 -- Read the original text here!
Telephone Amplification Devices -- these were the most popular devices in our A.T. Lending Library
Walkers - Another simple fact sheet from the Newsletter Insert series
Information regarding Assistive Technology
of Daily Living
(Online and Print)
Medical -- artistically enhanced medical devices
- Connetquot West,
Inc Health Care Products
- Easy Choice Medical -- wheelchairs, adls, bath safety
- Flaghouse - this company has been around a long time, so I can't believe I missed adding them to this page earlier
- hospital beds (Mountainside Medical Equipment)
Living Aids -- Can-Do Products
- MaxiAids.com -- Products for Independent Living -- Offers products to help the blind and visually impaired. Find talking and low vision products, mobility products, canes, labeling products, amplified phones, TTY/TDD, magnifiers talking watches and clocks, medical products, adaptive computer products.
Link -- medical products and assistive devices
- Health Care Supply Catalog
-- Independent Living Aids --Ambulatory, Bathroom Aids, Daily Living
Aids, Patient Care, Personal Care and MORE!
-- Provides adaptive clothing and apparel for the disabled
-- offers a large selection of ADL, physical therapy and rehabilitation
Cooper & Associates
- SpecialtyAutomated -- Hundreds of rapid, standardized, and online tests for vision, cognition, knowledge, and driving skills for individuals, including those with special needs and disabilities, and those who are speakers of languages other than English.
Shop Ability -- Online seller of assistive technologies and disability
- Automatic Clock Drawing Test -- Online clock drawing tests that uniformly and rapidly screen cognition and actively engage those who are unable to write or hold writing instruments and those who are speakers of languages other than English. Online Trail Making Tests are also offered.
- Mental Diagnostics -- web-based tests to screen for memory loss, cognitive impairment, and brain injury
Unlimited -- Accessible Vehicles
- Adaptive Driving Alliance -- The Adaptive Driving Alliance Members offer van conversions, hand controls, wheelchair lifts, scooter lifts, tie downs, conversion van rentals, paratransit, adaptive equipment. The site offers information on driving evaluation and resources for getting financial assistance.
- Ameriglide - Wheelchair lifts for vehicles
Braun Corporation -- all sorts of devices for driving and getting
in and out of vehicles
Independent Living Aids -- wheelchair lifts
Motor Company -- Specializing in custom conversion vans, wheelchair
lifts, elevators, adaptive hand controls and more!
- Lap Belt Cinch
- Online Driver's License Tests -- Online, comprehensive, and standardized tests for screening the vision, cognition, knowledge, and driving skills of drivers of all ages, including those with special needs.
- Para Driving Aids -- complete driving controls, used vehicles and equipment.
Top Mobility - Wheelchair Lift
Mobility - VISION wheelchair accessible vans
- Vision Vans by Viewpoint Mobility -- Vision Vehicles are rear entrance lowered floor wheelchair accessible mini-van conversions by Viewpoint Mobility.
- Architectural products (for commercial agents)
- Garaventa Lift - home elevators, inclined wheelchair lifts, vertical platform lifts and portable wheelchair lifts
- Grab bars for the physically challenged, elderly, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
Grips -- Ribbed thermoplastic sleeves that slip over existing
door hardware. I heard these were invented by a former University at Buffalo Occupational Therapy student!
Cross -- Find recycled and new stair lifts through a prescreened
network of installers. Compare common stairlift models. Learn stair
lift useful tips.
Thinking -- enabling older and disabled people through appropriate
design of technology for their homes.
- Vertical Platform Lifts -- Quality and inexpensive Vertical Platform Lifts. With 15 years experience in the supply business you can be assured of the best pricing and delivery.
-- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of
- A.T. Act Programs - Formerly the Tech Act Projects, formed as a result of the Assistive Technology Act of 1998 (ATA1998)
-- for people who enjoy woodworking, and have some
type of disability. The site shares photos and tips of how other people
who have a disability, get around in the shop, and solutions to barriers.
This is an encouraging, how-to site, no pity parties here, just lots
of woodchips flying!
Gear -- Hard to find products, hunting, and sporting equipment
for the disabled.
Creations - Needlework frames