From the CODI Archives:
Other Useful Information:
- Beltone At Beltone, we take an approach to hearing care that no other company can match. It's based on connecting with you as a person—and understanding what you enjoy in life and what's important in a healthcare partner. Every hearing care solution we offer is tailored to a patient's individual needs.
- Bloch Touch Psychotherapy is the application of the principles of existential/person-centred psychotherapy through the modality of touch. This may be of particular benefit to people with hearing and other communication disabilities. There is also a website for professional therapists at Bloch Healing: Principles and Practice.
- CART - This stands for "Communication Access Real-Time Translation" and is similar to the captioning you see on tv, except it's used in situations like lectures, church services, and conferences. As CART transcriptionists are highly trained and use specialized equipment, CART services can be very expensive, averaging about $100 per hour.
- Cued language
Network of America (CLNA) -- supports consumers, families and
professionals who use cued languages. Cued Speech information, products,
materials and services for those who cue.
- DailyCues.com -- Comprehensive Cued Speech resources with information, materials, links, as well as exercise and advice to prepare for the CLTNCE and CAECS-E.
- Deaf Journal
from the Mining Company
Mirror -- an adjustable non-reversing mirror which allows sign
language interpreters for the deaf to correctly see information displayed
behind them without turning around. The benefits are: less strain
on the interpreter (pain relief), more accurate interpretation for
the deaf consumers, and less interruptions for the presenters.
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- Tax Benefits for the deaf
- Why Captioned Media -- A college student's perspective on lack of captions in the classroom.
Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs)
- Cordless Phones -- Large selection of amplified phones, hearing air compatible phones, boosters and amplifiers, TTY/TDD devices for the deaf.
- CordlessWorkz - Amplified phones and assistive devices for the hearing impaired.
- Closed Captioning
for Persons with Hearing Impairments
Communications -- Assistive devices for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Hearmore.com -- Products for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Seniors -- Offers products to help the hearing impaired. Find amplified phones, TTY, TDD, alert systems, amplification devices, vibrators, door sensors, watches, books, and videos.
- HearStore -- Hearing aid products and services. This includes a hearing test, hearing aid fitting and in-person learning session.
- HITEC -- Assistive