Requests From the CODI Archives:
Ability -- gives advice on wheelchair fashion, sex and dating
for SCI's. Has a hook-up place, and gives advice on makeup & breast
implants for quads.
- Health care products for manufacturers reps
- Just Home Medical -- Mobility devices, daily living aids, and other home medical products, as well as a quickly growing Medical Resource Center.
- Just Walkers
Corporation -- Assistive Technology that's Striking Hope for Wheelchair-Dependent People. Tools such
as bowling ramps and soccer
guards to help enrich lives.
-- Live, work and play more independently. Educational resource
with articles on wheelchairs, scooters, accessories, wheel chair sports,
disabled travel, transportation, and assistive technology to enhance
the lives of individuals who need mobility assistance.
-- Independent Living Aids --Ambulatory, Bathroom Aids, Daily Living
Aids, Patient Care, Personal Care
- New Mobility - an online magazine for active wheelchair users
- Ocelco, Inc
- Pro Health Care Products -- Carry several products that help people with mobility problems, including scooters, wheelchairs, mobility platforms, and several items.
- Rifton Equipment -- Adaptive Equipment for Children and Adults. Rifton manufactures gait trainers, standers, adaptive tricycles, special needs chairs, wheelchair desks, bath chairs, toileting aids, and other adaptive equipment designed to help children and adults achieve their goals.
- US Medical Supplies -- specializes in mobilization
such as mobility scooters, lift chairs, and stair lifts
Crutches, and Walkers
Medical --artistically enhanced medical devices
Canada Inc. -- offer over 300 different canes and walking sticks
- Pat Heyward Designer Walking Canes -- Designed by a woman with MS. 20% of proceeds are donated to movement disorder research and development
- Rollator Rolling walkers
Fetterman, Inc. -- As a long term crutch-user, Thomas has fashioned
a hi-tech line of ultralite crutches (titanium), 'articulating' crutchtips
- 70,000 to date, and 50+ accessories designed to increase a user's
prospects for mobility and independance.
-- A simple fact sheet about walkers
Wheelchair Lifts & Ramps -- specializes in products to transport
mobility devices and provide handicap access solutions.
Project -- a non-profit organization dedicated to assist disabled
people to obtain assistive products to lead to a more independent
Free Lifts -- patient lifts
- Garaventa Lift -- manufacturer of inclined platform wheelchair lifts, vertical lifts, portable wheelchair lifts, residential home elevators and evacuation chairs.
- Hill-Rom Patient Lifts
Lifts 101 -- Wheelchair lift, scooter lift, van ramps, and vertical
Aire Cushion, LLC -- ergonomically designed water and air seat
cushion for wheelchairs filled by customer for perfect comfort
Corp -- Airpulse PK automatic pressure relief cushion speeds the
healing of pressure sores by changing pressure contact points on an
Seating Systems, Inc -- patented wheelchair cushions that prevent
pressure sores for immobilized individuals by varying pressure areas
on the cushion through a system of air chambers.
Disability -- Dedicated to innovations in Disability Products.
Sales and marketing services for Disability Products including The
Comfort Company, seating and positioning systems.
Health -- Reducing back pain while sitting in office chairs.
Lifts and Elevators:
- Cool Hubcaps -- fun wheelchair accessories!
- Wheelchair Reviews
-- large selection of home medical equipment, offering customizable
wheelchairs and accessories, foldable scooters, walkers, canes and
- Hoveround -- American manufacturer of custom-power chairs; provider of power scooters, wheelchair ramps, personal lifts, and mobility accessories
- Karman Healthcare
on Wheels -- Provider of power wheelchairs made by Invacare, Pride,
& Bruno under Medicare and Medical guidelines.
- Mobilitywheels -- An online shopping store for the disabled and seniors in search of electric wheelchairs and mobility products
- Mobility Scooters -- Provides consumer information on wheelchairs,scooters, and accessories.It would give the disabled a place to get trusted scooter and power chair information along with some insight on medicare assistance.
- My Knee Scooter
-- a Durable Medical Equipment Provider specializing in Rehab and
Medical Equipment Superstore -- Retailer of medical equipment
such as scooters, power wheelchairs and lift chairs, with special
pricing for the uninsured.
-- Selling discount mobility equipment online for 7 years. Scooters,
Power Chairs, Walkers, Lift Chairs, Lift Seats, Lifts, Ramps and more
- SpinLife -- Tons and tons of wheelchairs and scooters to buy online or from their catalog. They WILL bill Medicare and Insurance.
Art -- functional art for your wheelchair
Wheelchairs USA -- Gently used electric wheelchairs that are gentle
on your wallet. Find My Perfect Wheelchair is our one-of-a-kind online
search to help you select the best wheelchair for your needs.
- WheelchairForMe.com -- independent and completely free power wheelchair provider matching engine
- Wheelchairparts.com makes finding wheelchair parts easier
- Wunderglow -- An LED light for under manual wheelchairs
Archives: Articles about Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries -- blog with information pertaining to brain and spinal cord injuries
Registry -- An online National Directory of brain and spinal cord
injury programs and professionals. Offers a brain map, spinal cord
map, information about neurotrauma, and links to other useful sites
and resources. Users can search for programs and professionals by
state or by profession.
Healthy Gimp -- "Practical information & motivation for
persons with a spinal cord injury & other physical disabilities
to achieve good health, success & self-determination"
Info Pages -- Free spinal cord injury resources and health information.