Special Education Lesson Plans:
Special Education Resources:
- 101 Top Special Needs Groups, Camps & Activities
- Adderall effects on body -- Effects of Adderall in an interactive format.
Materials -- CD-ROMs with color images that parents
print as flash cards to teach children with Learning Disabilities
-- search engine and directory for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity
Disorders, ADD/ADHD, and Learning Disabilities.
- Affordable Colleges Online- How colleges help visually impaired
- Affordable Colleges Online- For students with disabilities-- College Resources with students with disabilities
- Affordable Colleges Online- College scholarships and financial aid for students with disabilities.
Technology Training Online -- free, online training in assistive
technology (specifically adapted computing software and hardware)
for the elementary classroom
- Attention Deficit Disorder Resources -- over 150 articles written by national ADHD authorities as well as adults with
-- a system of cognitive exercises, aimed at the development of the
skills foundational to reading, spelling, and writing. Effective for
dyslexia, dysgraphia and other learning disabilities.
-- Consortium for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education
for Dyslexia -- Resource details the symptoms of dyslexia, including
the possible effects of this disorder on math and handwriting.
- Functional Independence Skills Handbook -- An assessment and cirriculum to assist people with special needs in gaining more functonal independence. Some samples on the site.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Inclusion Series -- This 10 part award winning and best selling DVD series is shown in workshops, university classrooms, parent-teacher meetings, in-service training programs, and are available in resource centers and libraries. This series is a must-have for all dealing with education or special education.
-- Internet Special Education Resources
- Math and Reading Help for Kids is a directory of hundreds of original articles, tips and resources centered on the topic of children's learning.
-- National Center to Improve Practice
- The Need for Assistive Technology in Educational Technology
- National Center for Learning Disabilities -- It improves the lives of all people with learning difficulties and disabilities by empowering parents, enabling young adults, transforming schools, and creating policy and advocacy impact.
York Institute for Special Education
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services, US Dep't
Guide to the Individualized Education Program (IEP) -- assists
educators, parents, & state & local educational agencies in implementing
the requirements of Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities
Education Act (IDEA) regarding Individualized Education Programs
(IEPs) for children with disabilities, including preschool-aged
children. This guide does not address the development of Individualized
Family Service Plans (IFSP) for infants & toddlers.
- Special Education Guide -- Provides information on education, careers, and employment data.
Education News -- in-depth, timely news related to educating students
Surfin' for Special Educators -- "A guide to using the Internet
interactively with students with disabilities"
Group List for IEP Guide
- Tips for New Special Education Teachers
-- up-to-date information about effective advocacy for children with