Resources for Travelers with Disabilities
Vacation Home Exchange
Cod Disability Access Directory
- Care Medical Equipment - Rents mobility scooters (ECVs), wheelchairs, and medical equipment for use at Disney World and Orlando theme parks. A Disney featured ECV provider.
- Colorado Ski Authority --Winter Park Disabled Skiers Program
- Disabled NYC -- News, message boards, and directory of resources for people with disabilities living in New York City.
- Disney World--Article for guests who desire to visit disney world who are physically handicapped.
- Friendship Ventures -- Friendship Ventures is a non-profit agency that creates unique educational, recreational and social opportunities for people of all ages with mental and physical developmental disabilities. We also offer conference and retreat services and professional team-building programs to the communities we serve.
- Hotel Reservations - searchable list of hotels, included are brief introduction to the top holiday destinations.
- MatchingHouses.com -- Welcome to Matching Houses holiday house exchange where people with disabilities swap houses with other people who have the same accessibility needs. It’s so simple!
- PHD in Special Education -- 101 Special needs groups, camps and activities.
- Recent changes to Disney World Article stating recent changes to guest assistance pass.
- SATH (Society for
Accessible Travel & Hospitality) -- an educational non-profit
membership organization whose mission is to raise awareness of the
needs of all travelers with disabilities, remove physical and attitudinal
barriers to free access and expand travel opportunities in the United
States and abroad.
- Travable - Discussion Group for accessible travel
Send email to: email@example.com.
Leave subject line blank. Write "subscribe travable [firstname
lastname]" in message area.
- Saint Lucia Simply Beautiful -- Traveling Resources for Disabled.
- Tips for travellers with disabilities
and Recreation Resources - compiled by Jim Lubin
Inc -- offers disabled travel tours for adults with mental retardation,
cerebral palsy and any physical or developmental disability.
- Universal Studios --Article for guests who desire to visit universal studios who are physically handicapped.
- Ventures Travel LLC -- A Non-profit company that offers opportunities for teens and adults to travel to popular destinations accross the United States, Canada and Caribbean. We specialize in supervized travel for persons with disabilities.
- Way Finding in Travel & Tourism -- It covers the latest mobile wayfinding technologies, digital signage and the industry events, the way in which technology is changing the nature of this industry and everything going on in the world of travel signage and wayfinding.
- Wheelchair Accessible Travel Guide
Inquiry -- Outdoor adventures for people of all abilities
- The Rolling
Rains Report -- looks at the travel industry from the perspective
of travelers with disabilities and the principles of Universal Design.