Resources for Travelers with Disabilities
Vacation Home Exchange
Cod Disability Access Directory
- Care Medical Equipment - Rents mobility scooters (ECVs), wheelchairs, and medical equipment for use at Disney World and Orlando theme parks. A Disney featured ECV provider.
- Disabled NYC -- News, message boards, and directory of resources for people with disabilities living in New York City.
- Friendship Ventures -- Friendship Ventures is a non-profit agency that creates unique educational, recreational and social opportunities for people of all ages with mental and physical developmental disabilities. We also offer conference and retreat services and professional team-building programs to the communities we serve.
- Global Access News -- Travel is for everyone, but most guidebooks and web sites simply aren't designed for disabled adventurers. Global Access wants to help fill that information gap by providing a site where disabled travelers can share their experiences.
- Hotel Reservations - searchable list of hotels, included are brief introduction to the top holiday destinations.
- MatchingHouses.com -- Welcome to Matching Houses holiday house exchange where people with disabilities swap houses with other people who have the same accessibility needs. It’s so simple!
- SATH (Society for
Accessible Travel & Hospitality) -- an educational non-profit
membership organization whose mission is to raise awareness of the
needs of all travelers with disabilities, remove physical and attitudinal
barriers to free access and expand travel opportunities in the United
States and abroad.
- Travable - Discussion Group for accessible travel
Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave subject line blank. Write "subscribe travable [firstname
lastname]" in message area.
and Recreation Resources - compiled by Jim Lubin
- Traveler Neck Pillow
Inc -- offers disabled travel tours for adults with mental retardation,
cerebral palsy and any physical or developmental disability.
- Ventures Travel LLC -- A Non-profit company that offers opportunities for teens and adults to travel to popular destinations accross the United States, Canada and Caribbean. We specialize in supervized travel for persons with disabilities.
Inquiry -- Outdoor adventures for people of all abilities
- The Rolling
Rains Report -- looks at the travel industry from the perspective
of travelers with disabilities and the principles of Universal Design.