- Access Business Services -- We have scanned text (OCR) for over10 years. OCR Text Scanning, Document Scanning, PDF Scanning Service, E-Text, and Large Print Formatting and Production is provided by Access Business Service
- Accredited Schools Online -- The guide was created in part by four experts in the field, who lent their experience and expertise to help us provide students with visual impairments the tips and resources needed to succeed in school.
- All About Vision
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) -- information about blindness
and low vision; Directory of Services; Helen Keller Archives with
photos, letters and memorabilia; job listings, events and accessible
message boards; and online journals related to the blindness field.
Printing House for the Blind -- the world's largest producer of
accessible materials for people who are blind or visually impaired
- Braille Exit Signs - the source for all types of braille signs including ada accessible signs.
through Remote Learning -- an online course
- Choose: Accessible Banking for the Blind and Partially Sighted -- Find information on current accessibility issues that users may experience and what banks are doing to help people with visual impairments.
LLC -- Braille Translation Services, Tactile Graphics, and Accessible
- Guide to Braille Resources -- A comprehensive guide to using Braille — a tactile writing system — used by the visually impaired.
School for the Visually Impaired -- residential/day school for
students who are blind and visually impaired
- LazLight -- The LazLight reading lamp was designed for the low vision patient it has very high contrast and is glare free with no eye damaging blue light radiation.
- Lighthouse International -- (Lighthouse for the Blind)
- Low Vision Internet Gateway -- A starting point to acessing information on the World Wide Web related to the fields of low vision rehabilitation and blindness.
- Online Dynamic Visual Acuity Tests -- Web-based and standardized Dynamic Visual Acuity tests, ideal for those with special needs.
- Resources for the Blind and Vision Impaired -- Resources for Help with Adjusting to Low Vision or Blindness.
Mateo County Council of the Blind
-- A monthly interactive programme for the blind and visually impaired.
- Ultimate Guide for Blind and Visually Impaired College Students -- Find a list of top schools for students with visual impairments, financial aid for students with disabilities and other helpful information.
Morris Enterprises, Inc. -- online catalog
Media -- audio readings
Technology Training Online -- online training in assistive technology
for students with disabilities, including many adapted software and
hardware products for vision impairments
- Bart 1 Products -- neat visual aids.. pop up magnifier for cell phones.. optical alert bugs
- Eye Sight Corner Learn how to improve eyesight naturally
- Freedom Eye Technology Co -- It offers high-quality low vision assistive products and technology for vision impaired people. Freedom Eye hopes to offer really cost-effective and practical assistive products to help people reading freely.People with Cataracts, Retinitis Pigmentos, Glaucoma, and Diabetic Retinopathy can also benefit a lot from its products.
- Hopes Vision -- Hopes Vision is the premier vision correction centres in Utah
-- offers products to help the blind and visually impaired. Find talking
and low vision products, mobility products, canes, labeling products,
amplified phones, TY/TDD, magnifiers talking watches and clocks, medical
products, adaptive computer products.
- Plustek Book Reader -- utilizes both scanning and "text to speech" technology to provide a user friendly book reader outcome
- NDU Solutions - Stand alone reading machine. Reads printed text aloud.
and Hardware for Persons with Vision Impairments
- Vision Technology
- Voice Recognition for Blind Computer Users - article/factsheet -- it's not as easy as it might seem.
Technology -- Products for blind and low vision.
Reader -- The talking web reader that provides instant access
to a vast amount of information. A highly interactive software program
that uses extensive formatting and consistent presentation of the
data to ensure the content is easily comprehended.